Who sponsors Angel Tree and what is it?
- The Salvation Army sponsors Angel Tree to provide holiday gifts for children age 12 and younger. The Salvation Army is proud to have WKMG Local 6 as the official media partner for the Orlando Angel Tree program. Other sponsors include Chick-Fil-A, The Mall at Millennia, I-Drive District and Nick’s Family Diner.
- The program is open to disadvantaged parents who have signed an “Adopt a Angel” release for their children during our Registration.
- The official Angel Trees are located at The Mall at Millenia and local Chick-Fil-A restaurants. Angels may be adopted from Friday, November 14 to Monday, December 8. Please return the Angels as soon as you can so that they may be inventoried and given to the child.
- Yes, you may adopt as many Angels as you like – one child or a family. This is an excellent holiday group project. If you are adopting as a group, please consider adopting several Angels.
- From Friday, November 14 through Monday, December 8, go to one of the official Angel Tree sites to select an Angel from the tree.
- Your Angel tag will provide you with the Angel’s first name, age, gender, sizes. Please purchase new gifts for your Angel and return them to the tree where you selected your Angel. For security reasons, please do not wrap gifts. Please do not include any food items such as candy, chocolate, etc…
- There is no set amount to spend, but on average, each child should receive about 1-2 complete clothing outfits.
- The gifts are distributed during the Angel Tree Distribution (Parents are given a specific time to come and pick up the gifts for their children). To ensure all gifts go to the person for whom they were purchased.